SCADA TRACE MODE English Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» SCADA TRACE MODE English Forum » TRACE MODE TECHNICAL SUPPORT » Free TRACE MODE Version » connecting with cpm2a plc to tracemode serially

Author Topic: connecting with cpm2a plc to tracemode serially
SiZe
Member # 2198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiZe           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please help me if anyone can give me video of it or a manual.
i have used omron_Group option

Posts 3 | From: Pakistan  |  IP: IP address | Report this post to a Moderator
freeav
Administrator
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freeav           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Information for connecting to the serial port can be found in the help system TRACE MODE (Help - Contents - Exchange with Controllers and I/O Cards - Exchange via Drivers - Exchange with OMRON Controllers - Exchange via the HOST LINK Protocol).
Posts 23 | From: 1  |  IP: IP address | Report this post to a Moderator
SiZe
Member # 2198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiZe           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your reply.

We have tried to do the following test

After setting up the program to the following :

1)Type of PLC selected is Omron group
parameters set are:
port 0x3 (COM3)
Module (0x0) i dont have module name of omron cpm2a plc
channel 0x0 (corresports to 00ch)
Type IR
Direction Output (read from plc)

Comm port parameters in RTM:
Port Number COM 3
Assignment Master
Exchange rate 9600
Base address 0x0 ( we dont know about this field)

2) We did a simple test to see if we could get Scada program to read analog input 00CH on plc and could not get the program working .

3) We checked PLC and program is not working from PC , communication is working via program cable to PC , we are using a RS232/USB converter.

I would appreciate it if you could assist us in getting our program to work. Please give me your email so that i could send my problem
Best regards

Posts 3 | From: Pakistan  |  IP: IP address | Report this post to a Moderator
AdAstra Technical Support
Member # 1832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdAstra Technical Support           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the help carefully. COM3 = port 0x2, base address must be different from zero, exchange rate com port must be equal to the exchange rate RS232/USB converter.
What do you mean by the phrase: "i dont have module name of omron cpm2a plc"? Do you have real device?

We sent you a file "TMcom_XX.cnf" by e-mail, you need to copy it to your project folder node. Then run the project, let run for a few minutes. Check whether the data is read from the device and send us the files: "<project_name>_<node_number>.txt", "tm6_log.txt", "<project_name>.prj".

Posts 91 | From: Russia  |  IP: IP address | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

News | SCADA/HMI | Training | Contact Us

Rambler's Top100 Rambler's Top100